Sunday, December 21, 2008

Look at the sun!!!

Well look outside Melburnians-that is sunshine, and that weird sensation that makes you want to take off your jumper-that is called being warm.

I feel like going outside and doing a little happy dance cause I'm so that summer is finally showing herself around here a little. I do understand that we could be back to freezing and wet next week but I'm going to enjoy the moment for as long as I can.
I don't cope very well in long term cold, dark and wet-the Queenslander in me says NO. I get a bit of that SAD (seasonal affective disorder) and I used to cure it (before kids) by having a solarium a couple of times a week (I know...not very good. But a great mood improver!) but now I plod along and get cranky and pine for the sun.
I don't mind so much in winter-it's WINTER. But I just lose it more when it's cold and miserable for ages in summer. It's one of the few things that makes me truly miss QLD. A guaranteed warm day regardless of rain etc from about October til March.
But this isn't meant to be a whine post-I'm so excited that the sun is out. My sheets are currently washing and we are meeting a friend at the park later. We went to the zoo yesterday (I love the yearly pass!) and wore hats AND sunscreen ;-)

Ah a burst of warm sun-how my mood loves it.

1 comment:

loz said...

Haha totally hear you I love Summer too:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails