Friday, February 27, 2009

Global economic crisis....

Luke works for a global company. So they have shed jobs and cut shifts and Luke has lost all his overtime. That was a bit annoying because we counted on the OT as part of our weekly income. But we readjusted and decided it would be OK and we would have just-and I mean just-enough to live on.
So now he has been told that he will either be offered redundancy or made to work day shift in April as afternoon shift will be axed.
Of course we hope that he will be moved to day shift-but it is less money AGAIN and if he can't car pool some days I will have to rely on buses and walking to get to all the stuff that we do (with a new baby). Things like Babs will have to go altogether cause it will just be too far.

I hate that we don't know now how life is going to go. I hate that we are going to have to struggle AGAIN. I get that a lot of people have it much tougher but we can't seen to cut a break.

Just feeling really upset and annoyed and not something I needed this close to the end of my pregnancy.

4 comments:

Nic said...

Oh how crappy !! (hug)

Moeder Kip said...

Oh poo to the global economic crisis.
:-(

katef - www.picklebums.com said...

stupid sucky suck....
Am working on 6th car seat options so at least you can be a tad mobile...

Anonymous said...

Very good blog post. I definitely appreciate this site.
Continue the good work!

Also visit my web site :: Online Graduate certificate programs

Related Posts with Thumbnails