Sunday, July 19, 2009

She's how old?

Willow will be 2 in a couple of weeks. We have done SO much in that 2 years it's not even funny. Willow is so independent, vocal and capable of things beyond her years that I forget that she is only a toddler-even though we treat her like a pre-schooler, and expect as much of her too at times.

She can talk in sentences and is pretty easily understood. She can put on her own shoes and pants. She eats with cutlery and puts herself in her chair. She gets in her carseat. She (mostly) waits her turn. She wants to give undies and the toilet a go. She climbs all the big kid things at the park-to my terror at times lol. Luke puts her to bed at night.

It seems crazy that she is only still one year old! A lot of these tings she has been doing for some time. She's been walking since 10 months old so she seemed like a toddler when she was only really a baby. She has disliked being carried in a sling or carrier from pretty much then-preferring to walk or be pushed in a pram.

She is fiercely independent. Her first few words strung together were ( I kid you not) "I do dat!" and she has been trying ever since. She is doing things waaay earlier than Tannah. I wonder how much is nature and how much is nurture?

2 comments:

Stitch Sista said...

When I look at the differences between my kids I lean to the nature side...!

Leah said...

I think nature nature nature, maybe 5% nurture LOL Or maybe in terms of potentials, which nurture turns off or on, the good and the bad!

Anyway ... I thought of this post cause out of the blue today as we were going to school Audrey asks me "How old is Willow?" so I say she'll be two next month and she says, "so she's one?" and I say yes, because since Owen's been born we've argued too much about 0 versus 1 or x months, she likes it black and white LOL Then she says to me "but she talks really well, is that normal for a 1 year old!" ... I think she's been reading your blog LOL Then she wanted to know when she walked and when her backwards brother will LOL

So even Audrey noticed she is a big little!

Related Posts with Thumbnails