Tuesday, September 8, 2009

The Mother of all Rallies

I'm back!
I went to this rally- http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2009/09/07/2678679.htm

It was amazing to see so many out in the awful awful weather for the cause.

It was a LONG day. I only took Harper which made my life pretty easy but because of all the rain I couldn't sit on the ground to feed to there was a lot of standing breastfeeding acrobatics going on. Thank goddess for my ergo and sling lol. The day was definitely sponsored by baby carriers, I think the ergo won hands down in numbers. There were some awesome banners and T-shirt slogans everywhere. Some that made me laugh and lots that made me think-and a few that made me sad. I ran into lots of people I knew from far and wide but took very few pics as I was busy chatting.

Here is one of me a couple of local friends
Photobucket

my view of parliament house
Photobucket

When I got home I was cold, wet and exhausted, but so glad I went!

This slogan sums it up...
Photobucket

2 comments:

katepickle said...

oooh yay! So glad you had a great time... was thinking of you when it bucketed with rain here!!

Can't wait to here more.. we need to catch up!

Anonymous said...

It was great to see you there, however briefly!

T was utterly miserable, which made for a hard day for both of us, but despite that, I, too, was really, really glad I went.

What a community, hey...

Sel

Related Posts with Thumbnails