Monday, November 23, 2009

Pondering the future

Photobucket
Sometimes I look at my girls and wonder what the future holds for them. Who are they going to be when they grow up, what will they do and will they be happy. I think I can glimpse into the women they will grow into at at times but I wonder how much that will change as experience and life mold them into their adult selves. I cannot protect them from all the shitty parts of life and some of those will change who they are and how they see the world. I hope to show them how magic life can truly be, how to nurture themselves and others, how to do things simply for the joy of doing them-not because of fear or to receive praise, how to stay true to themselves, to be kind and compassionate and the list goes on and on of things I want my girls to know. I feel that sometimes I question so much of the mainstream because I want my kids to lead a life less ordinary and be extraordinary women. I look at our society with all its violence, illness and sadness and want so much more for my kids-but I know that they will encounter a lot of life's unpleasantness too. Which is all part of it. I can't possibly know what is going to happen to any of us, good or bad, but I look at my 3 beautiful children as they are now and wonder how much of the personality that i know and love about them will hang around and be a part of them when they are my age.

2 comments:

Stitch Sista said...

You are a beautiful mama Shae and I can't imagine your girls being any less than extraordinary women!

anastasia_wolf said...

I feel the same. Your kids rock though, and so do you, so I reckon they will be awesome women.

Related Posts with Thumbnails