Monday, February 22, 2010

Comparing..

My 3 girls are so different in every way. They each have a different eye colour among other things. Despite this I do get a lot of comments about how alike they are.

I must admit I can't see it. I am probably looking with my Mama eyes and knowing them as people as well as by how they look. They all have SUCH different personalities that I find it had to say the words "alike" and "my children" in the same sentence. I was not expecting carbon copies each time but I was expecting that having 3 kids, hell having 3 kids of the same sex there would be more similarities. I have been blown away by just how individual they, and their needs are.

I have been doing the massive job of moving my whole catalog of digital photos from discs onto a hard drive in some kind of order (not there yet!). I have really enjoyed looking over photos of my 3 lovelies as younger people-not to mention a much younger me! I thought I'd share a photo of each of the girls at the same age and you can tell me what you think. Alike? Similar? Not at all? The girls are all around 10 months in their respective photos.

Tannah
Photobucket

Willow
Photobucket

Harper
Photobucket

I will admit the lack of hair until well into their second year does seem to be a theme...

6 comments:

Sazz said...

I think they all look alike in the sense that I can see you in each of them, but in different ways. I think that's awesome. Coming from a doubly broken family I always wished my siblings and I looked like siblings in unique ways.

Stitch Sista said...

Yeah different but the same lol. I mean looking there I can see their individuality lookswise for sure! But I'd be pretty certain they were sisters or from the same family. All gorgeous no matter what :)

I think the thing is too, that people can look quite different but smile the same way, or have some other mannerism that gives you a glimpse of their 'sameness' if that makes sense. My M is so totally different to look at than F, but side by side, or doing something together people just see similarities...

anastasia_wolf said...

I think they are different. They look like siblings, but they have their own look. I feel the same about my girls, everyone says they are sooooo similar but to me they aren't.

Sif said...

In those three photos I'd say they look very different, but I have seen other photos where they have looked very similar to each other (maybe at different ages though?).

Certainly, I think if I was shown a photo of any one of them in a bunch of photos of babies, I'd say those three are sisters and all YOURS! Hehehe...

My four (boys) are like this, too. Similar in a squint-wearing-dirty-glasses-and-they-look-the-same fashion, but if you compare them feature for feature they're all different...

Personality wise Dave and I were just commenting this morning that Erik and Luey are polar opposites and Bryn and Ari (who don't even look like brothers when sitting next to each other in our opinion) are polar opposites, it's like our four form the North, South, East and West of a personality comparing!

katepickle said...

I can see so many similarities between your girls, but I would never say they are very much alike... but then I don't think my girls are alike either LOL

Anonymous said...

What's up to every , for the reason that I am in fact eager of reading this webpage's post to
be updated daily. It contains fastidious material.

Here is my web-site ... diets that work

Related Posts with Thumbnails