Saturday, February 13, 2010

Thanks Mum!

Photobucket

When Tannah was born my Mum cam down from QLD and stayed with me for 2 weeks. She made sure I ate, held Tannah while I showered and hung out my washing among other things. She looked after me and got to know her first granddaughter.
She also gave me a pearl of wisdom that has gotten me through some crap times as a parent and I thought I'd share it with you.

She said something along the lines of this-

"Children grow up so fast. Your brother didn't sleep through or in his own bed regularly until he was 8. At the time it seemed as though it would be forever until I got any sleep but in the blink of an eye he was in his teens and hardly needed me at all. Remember that all the hard times pass, that they won't be babies forever and before you know it they will be all grown up and you will wonder where that time went."

It has stuck with me. Wherever I have had rough times with the kids I have tried to remember that this too shall pass-and probably too quickly.

Thanks Mum! This week sucked and that thought saved me a lot xoxo

1 comment:

Juniper said...

Your mum sounds like a very clever woman! And she is right, I am living this right now with my teen who is so independent I almost feel superfluous!

Related Posts with Thumbnails