Monday, April 5, 2010

Autumn craft

It's Easter. I get all the fish on Good Friday thing because Easter is a very big Christian holiday.
But it's also Autumn and harvest time. Which is why all the bunnies and eggs and spring bonnets annoy me a bit. We live in the SOUTHERN hemisphere.

So we did some Autumn themed craft. I printed off some leaves, apples and pumpkins and the girls painted them.
Photobucket
Photobucket

We left them to dry
Photobucket

And then made a leaf mobile out of them.
Photobucket

Today I made pumpkin soup and bread. Some of the pumpkin came out of our very own garden and I made the stock from scratch. I'm spending some time reflecting on my personal harvest from the previous year-and what to let go of coming into winter.

Happy harvest everyone!

2 comments:

Stitch Sista said...

Yay! We've been crafting here a lot too. We get our cut and glue crafts from http://www.dltk-kids.com/.

The kids have made heaps of stuff from here over the years.

Peace, Love and Breast Milk said...

Oh I had to giggle, we did almost exactly the same thing! Only we made a paper tree out of decorated leaves. You know I think we may have even got our leaf stencils from the same site online ;)

Though we didn't let our girls paint, too much hassel with two year olds.

Related Posts with Thumbnails