Thursday, April 8, 2010

crank crank crank

I'm in a bit of a grumpy old mood at the moment. I can feel winter approaching which does not help things and I need to snap out of it. My crank has been caught by the kids (Harper in particular) and we have all been grumping at each other. I'm digging my heels in on a few personal health goals and resisting the change-I'm basically folding my arms and saying "nuh-uh I'm NOT. Don't wanna. Too hard"

Part of a health goal for me is to get outdoors every day-walk to the park with the kids, walk to the bus and catch it to the library, play in the backyard and potter in the garden. It will be an awesome thing for all of us and might just help me survive winter instead of locking myself inside and getting the SAD's. The other part is to remember the health goal I had to eat well-amazingly well-nearly always. I've always aimed for 90/10 (90 being good!) and figured that the other 10% would work itself out. But I imagine it's probably closer to 50/50 at the moment. And I do notice a difference. In me as well as the kids. Sugar(the hyper-processed kind)makes me just as moody and prone to tantrums as Willow. Part of my general blerghness is just having a crap diet. When I know how ace I feel when I eat better it seems crazy to keep poisoning my body this way.

I also need more sleep, less computer. Sounds all so easy right?

Need to pull my foot out of my arse and uncrank myself by taking better care of myself!

2 comments:

Stitch Sista said...

I know EXACTLY what you are talking about.

And I think are basic problem is that we are so busy looking after our kids that really it seems a mountain too high to look after ourselves properly.

So we both need a wife or a mother who still does everything for us lol.

shae said...

Polygamy is looking better and better....

Related Posts with Thumbnails