Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Apple cupcakes and thanks

It's been a while since I've blogged some home-cooking so here is my (yes MY-I've tweaked this from a few others until I think it's perfect!)recepie for Apple cupcakes-

But first I'd like to say a big hello and thanks to everyone who is reading and commenting on my blog at the moment. It's nice to know that there are a bunch of people I have never met who take the time to read my ramblings and especially to comment and give me some love. I was Jan in my year 12 production of Grease, I enjoyed my taste of the limelight and it's probably fair to say I like the sound of my own voice-a blog with people who read it feeds that part of me nicely :)I am actually very crap at comment conversations and commenting on other people's blogs-but I'm working on it!

Back to the food!

I am a "real foodie" (omnivore minus the processed crap) and these cupcakes are a yummo standby for the kids. Can substitute fancy flour and sugar for regular white stuff if you like. Makes 24 cupcakes.

3 cups of spelt flour (white or wholemeal)
2 tsp baking powder
3 free range organic eggs
1 1/3 cup yoghurt-we use the B-d farms Paris creek honey yoghurt



3/4 cup rapadura sugar
3 grated apples-sweet ones work better like Gala or Pink Lady
190g butter
2 tsp pure vanilla


Preheat oven to 180degrees and line your muffin trays with patty cases. Cream the butter and sugar together and then add vanilla, then one egg at a time. You can sift your flour if you feel fancy but I never do. Add the baking powder to the flour and then mix it in alternating with the yoghurt. Add the grated apple and gently fold it in.

Fill patty cases 3/4 full-I ALWAYS overfill and end up with mess and huge cupcakes. I should take my own advice. Cook for about 20 minutes depending on your oven, when i skewer comes out clean they are done, but try not to over cook so they stay nice and moist. Cool them on a rack and you're done! Enjoy!

6 comments:

Mary Beth said...

yum! perfect treat for the rainy and chilly day here! Love reading your blog :)

shu said...

they sounds super yummy
thanks love! need to give them a go

anastasia_wolf said...

My dear, you are crazy. Pink Lady apples are horribly tart! :P Fujis are delectably sweet as well as the Gala you mentioned. From a huge sweet tooth who can't stand tart apples... NO to the Pink Lady ;).

Anonymous said...

Here's a comment to say I read often, never comment, but send love anyway :)

Those sound really yum, I'm gonna make them.

PS. Can I just give you a round of applause for your last few posts? Loved them, and happy for you too. Just hardly ever comment!

Clel xx

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! Impressive article dude! Thank you so much, However I am having problems with your RSS.
I don't understand the reason why I am unable to subscribe to it. Is there anybody else getting the same RSS issues? Anybody who knows the solution can you kindly respond? Thanx!!

Here is my webpage; Required Internet connection

Anonymous said...

I like ham and peas in my pasta. I am keen on salmon
loaf with peas in product sauce. So how could I not adore this dish.
...better of all worlds. Many thanks for your publish.


Here is my weblog :: restaurant construction costs qsr consulting

Related Posts with Thumbnails