Friday, May 14, 2010

Things I know-the sick edition

I've been unwell-in a fevers and body aches, sore throat and feelings of delirium kind of way. If you follow me on Twitter (I'm yayforhome) you heard the moaning.

Here are some things I know about being sick

-Mamas don't get to call in sick. No matter how sick you are you cannot give the breastfeeding to someone else to do.
-having a "day off" washing the clothes just means there will be twice as much washing to do the next day.
-blaming the person who "shared" the illness with you can actually be helpful. Husband, I'm still mad at you.
-mixing the herbal poison with a touch of juice does nothing for it's taste. You would have to mix it into a kilo of liquorice to alter the flavour of that evil stuff at all.
-when you feel so awful that you might actually pass out from fever and pain and your child brings you a toy to make you feel better it will make you cry. Now get a mental pictue of a very sick woman wrapped in a blanket, sweating and looking like death crying so snot came out of her nose. Needless to say I frightened the kids.
-lifting the retirement age is not good for families. What good are grandparents if they will be working full time until the kids are old enough to look after themselves?
-there is a certain sick triumph in hacking up a wad of stuff from the back of your throat.
-DVD's and drive thru "food" are all the friend of the unwell parent.


I am on the mend :) Expect less whining in the next post.

1 comment:

Garden Pheenix said...

Awwww fell better poppet. I have endless empathy. <3

Related Posts with Thumbnails