Friday, June 4, 2010

Things I know-the holiday edition

-it is entirely possible to travel by plane with 3 young children and no other adults and have a pleasant flight-twice!
-never assume what your 5 year old will and won't be scared of when it comes to theme park rides. Tannah went on the flume ride and loved it but freaked out so much the ride had to be stopped on the kiddie planes.
-if you say " we don't usually get gastro" you will get it.
-said gastro will make your parents house smell like puke
-My oldest two girls + a shop with all the Bindi Irwin merchandise = squealing
-I am going to nominate myself for mother of the year after a 4 and a half hour round trip and 7 hours at Australia Zoo because I knew how much they would love it. Seriously, it was a long and very fun day.
-the post holiday blues hit kids within hours.
-nobody cooks pork fillets & gravy like my Mum
-watching my kids play with their cousins who they haven't seen for 6 months like no time has passed warms my heart.
-eventually you feel like a tourist in your home town
-calling a down day for some overtired kids at the expense of a great social catch up day was the right thing to do, even if I'm still pouty about it.
-co-sleeping makes travel easy. Baby is happy as long as Mama is close.
-there's no place like home :)

2 comments:

katepickle said...

glad to have you home... but sounds like it was a great trip... bar the puking bits!

MoederKip said...

Things I know? We missed you!
Welcome home :-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails