Tuesday, September 7, 2010

We Play! crafting

We Play


My girls love to craft. Sticking, cutting, pasting etc etc. It is pretty messy though and because Harper still puts stuff in her mouth it tends to happen when she is asleep. Today there has been much asking "is Harper tired YET??" and now that she is the big 2 can get into it.

Set up
Photobucket

We use an egg carton to separate all the little bits and bobs
Photobucket

Serious business this creating
Photobucket

Some masterpieces drying
Photobucket

Now for me to clean up....

We're playing along with Childhood 101 We Play! Check out the other great play ideas HERE

I'm also sharing this over at The Nurture Store's Play Academy HERE. Lot's of great play ideas to be found there too!

7 comments:

Narelle said...

He he, don't you just love the clean up? ;) Looks like the kids had fun though!

amandab said...

My floor is covered in paint after two days of serious work *sigh*

Those are some great crafts, and egg cartobs are my new go to holders/sorters, too! :)

I just bought some lovely rainbow coloured patty pans which will definitely be making their way to the crat area (once I've used some of them for cupcakes!)

Chapter Forty said...

Sticking and pasting is also big in our house. I also love the egg carton craft bit sorter. I really needed some kind of sectioned container so thanks for sharing that.

Cathy @ NurtureStore said...

Great tip with the egg boxes - we sometimes use muffin tins too. Need to share out the resources so there's no fighting over the glitter! I wondered if you might come and join with our Play Academy on Fridays - it would be great to swap ideas with you.

Marita said...

Crafting is such a great activity and I've yet to meet a child who does not enjoy craft in one form or another. :)

Clean up can be fun too, especially when it involves crafty items :D

Christie - Childhood 101 said...

We love crafting with patty pans too! Love the looks of concentration, priceless.

cathy @ NurtureStore said...

Thanks so much for linking up with the Play Academy. Hope to see you this Friday too. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails