Tuesday, March 22, 2011

We Play! Making our own stickers

We Play



I love a good "back to school" sale. My craft cupboard is filled with textas, stickers and exercise books to last us for months that were bought just after school went back at seriously cheap prices.

When I saw rolls of Toy Story adhesive book wrap at 16 cents a roll I bought a few. It was almost too cheap to leave at the shop!

The big girls were looking for something to do yesterday and I thought we could make our own sticker collage.

Photobucket

Photobucket

They cut out the shapes they wanted

Photobucket

Photobucket

And stuck them to some blank paper.

I must say this activity was a little tricky for Willow (3 and a half)she found the peeling quite hard. I ended up sitting down and helping peel the backing off. Tannah, on the other hand, really enjoyed both choosing who to cut out and fiddling about peeling the backing off.

It was a great, cheap and fun activity that kept us all busy for a pretty big chunk of time!

I'm playing along with Childhood 101's WE PLAY! Go check it out for loads of other great play ideas.

3 comments:

Brooke said...

I love a bargain and that sounds like the cheapest sticker idea ever! Kmart is still selling out some of their back to school items so I've been stocking up on packs for glue for 50c/pack 4.

Veronica said...

Now if I can just find cheap book cover...

Kate said...

Ooh we have rolls of some awful design contact (thanks MIL lol) that I've had no idea what to do with! Yay thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails