Friday, April 29, 2011

Things I Know

Happy Friday everyone and welcome to the Things I Know linkup! If you want to play along add your link at the bottom and don't forget to link back to me :)

This week I Know...

-when one of your children get sick enough to want to take her to the doctor it will be on Good Friday at 7pm

-if you think your 2 year old is being unusually quiet in the other room INVESTIGATE. Unless you enjoy cleaning up wet toilet paper from all over the floor.

-keep pens away from your laptop or, like me, you may now be blogging with a big pen scrawl on the screen from the same 2 year old.

Photobucket
-when you have been breastfeeding for 6 years the nipples on the orangutan at the zoo will bring out intense feelings of empathy. As will this picture at My Three Ring Circus

-a particularly bad dose of PMS the week after easter is dangerous for the kids chocolate stash

-it doesn't matter how big a container of strawberries I buy (1kg!!), they last less than 6 hours in our place. Yum.

-if you have a 3 year old who insists on wearing the same Jesse pajamas every night it might be worth buying a second pair.

-if you are 6 getting pocket money can open up a whole new world of possible purchases!

What do you know this week?


10 comments:

Marita said...

I'm so bad with cash I never remember to have pocket money for my girls. Really should plan that better.

Hope W is much recovered now from her Easter Bug.

Kate said...

OMG the orangutans... and that piggie... I could weep.

Leah said...

I think it has been scientifically proven that chocolate wrapped in foil is the best cure for PMS :)

Paige said...

Wow, it seems like our lives are strikingly similar, especially with two year olds ;)

jonni said...

My middle child went through that 2 year old stage for about 3 years! The worst, at about 18 months, was spreading butter very carefully and evenly all over our brand new couch!
She's 10 now, so her creativity is less stressful, actually it's wonderful!

Caz (The Truth About Mummy) said...

I have a just turned 3 year old who sounds rather like your 2 year old. They sure make you laugh - when you're not raving mad at them :O)

tiff(threeringcircus) said...

Oh I'm so happy to have five year olds as my youngest. Gone are my two year old days.

katepickle said...

ah the empathy....

Cate said...

Oh good, can we blame PMS for eating all the kids chocolate?...I like that excuse :-)
xxxCate

MaidInAustralia said...

Love it!
I give the kids pocket money now, and it works a treat. Whenever they want something (unless it is healthy food and drink or clothes they need) I say: Okay, you can spend your pocket money on it.
I can tell you it's saved me a shitload of money because suddenly all those shiny new things aren't quite as shiny ...

Related Posts with Thumbnails