Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Cinema love

I went to the movies last week and saw "Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close"



It was an amazing, moving and thoroughly captivating film that I cannot say enough good things about. I have read a lot of bad press about this film despite it's Oscar nomination. It made me feel something. I cried. I think I may have actually made an audible sob at one point. And I could have watched it for another hour.

Last night I watched the Academy Awards and Mum and I started talking about our favorite films.

I love cinema. I love that there are a million genres to please a million people. I love that movies divide people and spark discussion. And I like to know what movies other people love.

My favorite movies are Pulp Fiction, The Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind, The Silence Of The Lambs, Se7en, The Breakfast Club and probably Happy Gilmore. But it's hard to pick favorites. What of The Harry Potter movies? Philadelphia? Flying High? The Shining? American History X? Fight Club? One Flew Over The Cuckoos nest? Bridesmaids?

I'm sure if I sit here for another 20 minutes I could come up with a bunch more movies that are awesome.

But I want to know.

What's your favorite movie?
Related Posts with Thumbnails