Monday, March 26, 2012

Outgrown

Back in October in 2008 this blog was born. I was 14 weeks pregnant  and I had a 1 and a 3 year old. We had just moved back to Melbourne and were finding our feet.

We've all grown so much since then, we've outgrown this house and the girls are 3, 4 and 7.

I also feel like I've outgrown this blog.

The whole premise of "Yay For Home!" is all the "home" labels that I identified so strongly with at the beginning, but I seem to be moving away...

I never use the term homeschool because what we do is so far from school-at-home.

My last baby was born three years ago and, while I will always be passionate about homebirth as a legitimate choice for women, I'm not sure I have anything else to say about it.

My passion for real food goes into where it's bought and how it's grown, not simply if it's cooked at home.

And while I don't have any paid work I dislike the term stay-at-home Mother. Anyone who cares for kids full time knows that home is not the place that you spend the bulk of your time.


So when the very awesome Kate started designing my blog over at my very own wordpress site I wanted to go for a new name as well as a new feel.

I've moved across my best, favorite and most visited posts to the new blog but have not shifted Yay For Home in it's entirety. Tomorrow the site goes live and I'll let you know where I am. I won't be posting here anymore, I'm a bit sad but it feels like growing up and moving into my own place.

The new site is about unschooling, real food, growing an edible backyard, loving your body, traveling with kids, connected parenting with playing and creating ideas. As well as the occasional overshare.


I hope you come with me....





Related Posts with Thumbnails